Course 10. All About Smash Defence in Doubles
This course shows all the key skills about smash defence. How to block, drive and lift as well as the right and wrong ways
This course is all about how to do smash defence. It shows most of the skills related to smash defence such as
body posture, the right grip, feet position, detailed racket and wrist action and most importantly how to hit.
How to do forehand and backhand block, drive and lift.
Also it shows the common wrong way and how these wrong way should be corrected.
Smash defence is the most important skill in doubles and mixed doubles and the right skill must be trained and mastered.
It also shows how to practice the skill.
There is danger of just coping and following what others do. The way which many people are doing does not always mean it is the right way.
Before you choose a way, it is your responsibility to check to see if it is really working.
LJB Badminton Club Founder Dr. Lee Jae Bok
- Korean National Doubles Champion 1979
- Korean National Singles Champion 1980
- Korean National Mixed Doubles Champion 1981
- Korean National Team Coach 1986-1987
- British Olympic Team Coach 1990-1992
- English National Team Coach 1990-1992
- English National Team Coaching Adviser 1993
- English National Men Singles Coach 2005-2007
- 7th World Badminton Coaching Conference Speaker 1991
- 10th World Badminton Coaching Conference Speaker 1997
- 13th World Badminton Coaching Conference Speaker 2003
- European Badminton Coaches Conference Speaker 1998
- European Badminton Coaches Conference Speaker 1993
- Hong Kong Badminton Coaching Conference Speaker 1992
- Malaysia Badminton Coaches Conference Speaker 1997
- Austrian Badminton Coaching Conference Speaker 1992-1995,1999
- “Coach 98” Coaching Conference Opening Speaker 1998
- KBS (Korean National TV) Badminton Commentator 1999-2003
- “Service to English Badminton” Award Received 1996
PreviewLesson-1. Right body posture (feet, racket, right and left arm, eyes and mind set) (5:15)
StartLesson 2. Change your position as situation changes (1:44)
StartLesson 3. Change your feet position as situation changes (5:16)
StartLesson 4. The right grip for defence (8:25)
PreviewLesson 5. Must do the "STEP ONE" (4:02)
StartLesson 6. How to do backhand block return (3:03)
StartLesson 7. How to do forehand block return (2:37)
StartLesson 8. How to do backhand drive return (2:24)
StartLesson 9. How to do forehand drive return (5:00)
StartLesson 11. How to do forehand lift return (2:26)
PreviewLesson 12. Review hitting skills in detail (forehand block, drive and lift) (3:47)
StartLesson 13. Review hitting skills in detail (backhand block, drive and lift) (3:23)
StartLesson 14. All the wrong defences-1 (4:48)
StartLesson 15. All the wrong defences-2 (3:26)
StartLesson 16. All the wrong defences-3 (3:09)
PreviewLesson 17. How to practice (5:08)
StartLesson 10. How to Do Backhand Lift Return (4:25)